Weight changes, pregnancy, aging, and more can affect the appearance of your breasts. A breast lift, or mastopexy, corrects sagging breasts and restores the look of the nipples and areolas to create a more pleasing aesthetic, as well as enhance contour and firmness. If you’re considering a breast lift in Delray Beach, here’s what you should know first.
1. What is a breast lift?
Breast lift surgeries remove excess skin and tighten tissues. The procedure is done to eliminate sagging, correct nipples that point downward, and restore the size of large areolas. The surgery is typically an outpatient procedure, so you’ll go home the same day.
2. How long is recovery after a breast lift in Delray Beach?
Breast lift results of the surgery can be seen immediately. For best results, be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions during recovery. Patients can expect sore breasts following surgery, and it will take time for the incisions to heal.
3. When do you need a breast lift in Delray Beach?
Here are just a few reasons why women get breast lifts:
- Sagging, heavy breasts causing back or neck pain
- Achieving ideal breast size and perkiness
- Bra straps cutting into your shoulders as the breasts pull the bra downward, causing discomfort
- Limited physical activity because breasts get in the way
- Return to pre-pregnancy look and feel
- A more youthful appearance of perky breasts
4. What are the benefits of a breast lift?
Correcting the issues of sagging breasts can help eliminate pain caused by the weight of heavy, sagging breasts. Bras will be more comfortable to wear and your clothes will fit better. Often, women experience improved self esteem as a result of looking and feeling their best.
5. Did you know that breast lifts can be combined with other procedures?
While a breast lift does not change the size of your breasts, it can be combined with other procedures like breast reduction or breast augmentation. Getting two corrections done during one procedure is more cost and time effective. If your large breasts are a problem in addition to the sagging, consider a reduction to remove some of the excess breast tissue. You’ll be left with smaller AND perkier breasts. If you have always wanted fuller breasts, consider augmentation during your breast lift.
If you’re ready for more youthful, pain- breasts and a lifted profile, call Dr. Rosenstein today at (561) 736-9800 for an in-depth, consultation for a breast lift in Delray Beach. He takes time to understand the needs of each patient and uses his medical and aesthetic skill to provide you with the best possible outcome.