Breast reduction surgery (reduction mammaplasty) removes breast tissue, fat, and skin to firm your breasts. This procedure is typically performed to reduce body pain and discomfort while also improving your quality of life, but it can also be a major confidence booster. Here are top reasons people choose breast reduction in Delray Beach.
Why Do People Choose Breast Reduction Surgery in Delray Beach?
Breast reduction in Delray Beach is ideal for patients who experience the following:
- Chronic pain in shoulders, neck, and back
- Shoulder grooves caused by bra straps
- Chronic rashes or skin irritation under the breasts
- Nerve pain
- Inability to participate in certain activities
- Poor self-esteem
- Difficulty finding bras and clothing to fit properly
Who Is a Good Candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery?
Before surgery, you need to schedule a breast reduction consultation. This meeting is necessary for a medical evaluation and to discuss your goals as well as expectations from surgery. Now is also a great time to ask questions.
If you are generally healthy, over the age of 18, and have the desire to safely reduce the size of your breasts, you’re likely a good candidate for breast reduction surgery in Delray Beach.
This surgery is not a good choice for anyone who smokes or is very overweight. It is recommended to postpone breast reduction surgery if you plan to have children or are planning to lose weight.
What Questions Should I Ask My Surgeon About Breast Reduction Surgery?
The decision to have any surgery is a big one, and it’s normal to have questions. Here is a list to get you started, and you should add your own when you think of them:
- How does a breast reduction procedure work?
- What are the risks / complications associated with this surgery?
- Am I a good candidate for this surgery?
- Where will my surgery be performed?
- What emergency protocols do you have in place?
- Will I need someone to drive me home?
- What is breast reduction aftercare like?
- What results can I expect?
- What are my options if I’m unhappy with my final outcome?
Contact the Office of Dr. David Rosenstein to Find Out More About Breast Reduction in Delray Beach!
With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Rosenstein has the talent and expertise you need for beautiful breast reduction results. He is a double board-certified plastic surgeon who believes all his patients deserve to look and feel their best. Contact us at 561-736-9800 to book your breast reduction consultation today!