Breast lift, or mastopexy, is performed on women who want to eliminate sagging breasts or to correct nipples that point downward. Breast lifts can also fix an asymmetrical appearance, as well as areolas that are larger than desired. This surgical procedure removes excess skin and tightens tissues to firm and elevate breasts.
Over 100,000 breast lift surgeries are performed every year in the United States. Breast lifts are outpatient surgery and are often completed in less than three hours while you are under general anesthesia. You will get to go home on the same day. You will immediately see results from a breast lift, but expect to have sore breasts for around two weeks. The incisions may be red for around two months. You also may experience numbness in your areola, nipple, and breast skin for up to six weeks after the surgery is performed.
If you are considering a breast lift, you likely have questions about whether it’s right for you and if you’re a good candidate for this type of surgery. Mastopexy, like any surgery, should be carefully considered beforehand. This is especially true if you think you may have children in the future, as pregnancy after this surgery can alter your results.
When to Consider Breast Lift Surgery
You should consider mastopexy if:
- You experience chronic back and / or neck pain with no other known cause other than heavy or sagging breasts. Heavy, sagging breasts weigh down on your shoulders in an awkward manner when you wear a bra, causing your back to have to uncomfortably hold the weight.
- You’ve never had the ideal breast shape / size / youthful look you’ve always wanted. Some women are born with large breasts that begin sagging early, or they lose a lot of weight causing sagging. If you have never known what having perky breasts was like, and want to, a breast lift is the way to go.
- Bras are painfully uncomfortable and straps cut into your shoulders. In an effort to make your breasts look like they sit where they are supposed to, you may experience a lot of pain from your bra. A breast lift can help your breasts stay in the spot they belong, and it takes the stress off your shoulders.
- Your breasts limit your physical activity. If your breasts get in the way of running, walking, playing sports, or other physical activity, then it is time to consider a breast lift.
- You want your pre-pregnancy body back. One of the biggest life events that cause sagging breasts is having a baby. Breasts swell to hold milk, and once the breastfeeding time is over it can seem like someone let the air out of your breasts. Perk them back up with a surgical lift.
- You desire a younger appearance. As we get older, our skin thins and gravity takes its toll on our bodies from the face all the way down. Thinner skin can cause sagging to occur, and your skin may no longer hold your breasts up.
Benefits of a Breast Lift
A major benefit of breast lift surgery is enhanced self-esteem. We all want to feel and look our best. Having your breasts sit higher will make you feel better about yourself. It will also give you more options when it comes to clothing, so you can really look your best.
Extreme life changes such as weight loss or pregnancy can have a huge impact on how your breasts look. A breast lift can help to restore your breast’s shape after weight changes, pregnancy, and breastfeeding by improving contour and firmness. Don’t let these natural life events keep you from having breasts that look great!
While a breast lift will not change the size of your breasts, it can be done in conjunction with breast reductions or augmentations. This is yet another outstanding benefit of mastopexy. If you have uncomfortably large breasts, there is a good chance you already experience sagging. If you want to experience perkier breasts in addition to smaller breasts, you can have a breast lift performed while the reduction is taking place. The same can be done when putting implants in, so excess skin does not cause your breasts to look saggy. Having the breast lift done in combination with either of these surgeries is great because it means only having to go under anesthesia once.
Boost Your Self Confidence With Breast Lift Surgery From Dr. Rosenstein
If you are unhappy with your sagging breasts, or you want to have your nipples be perkier, there is no reason to wait. Breast lifts are simple surgeries that help you feel better about how you look without a shirt. To find out more about mastopexy or to schedule a complimentary consultation for a breast lift in Boynton Beach, call us at 561-736-9800 today.